Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Healthy Cornbread! Mmmmm!
* 1 cup cornmeal
* 1 cup unbleached flour (can use whole grain also)
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 cup 2% or skim milk
* 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
* 1/8 cup honey
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup corn kernels (fresh or canned or thawed) -optional-
1. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
2. In a second bowl beat together egg (or egg whites), milk, honey, and olive oil. Stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
3. Stir in corn kernels, if using, and fill into prepared tin (either a 8 inch cake or pie pan, or 12 muffin tins).
4. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes (until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
Posted by Team Chastain at 6:54 PM