Monday, February 28, 2011
St. Patty's Day Truffles (No Bake!)
St. Patty's Day No-Bake Truffles
1 pkg. Double Stuf Oreos – any flavor you like best – (1 lb. , 1 oz. pkg.)
• use 22 cookies with cream centers included
• use 10 cookies with cream centers discarded
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
White chocolate bark or candy coating
Green sprinkles and/or green sugar, etc...
1. Finely crush the cookies in a food processor or a ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
2. Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together completely.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Place covered in freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes to help retain shape when dipping in melted chocolate.
5. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra, sprinkle with green sprinkles or sugar, and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
6. Refrigerate and enjoy!
Posted by Team Chastain at 9:36 PM