Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Thumbs Up for Joseph's Pita Bread!


Having kept off 40+ extra pounds for quite a while now, (would love to shed those stubbornly clinging last 13) I have certain products which have become staples in my kitchen, and Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran, and Whole Wheat Pita Bread is at the top of my list.

One pita has only 60 calories and 4 net carbs. My favorite way to use them lately is for pita pizza! These yummy creations are now quite a hit in our home.

Here are some of the combo's we've come up with besides the traditional tomato sauce/cheese/pepperoni:

Crisply cooked bacon & pineapple, with gouda cheese

Bar-b-q sauce, chicken, and monterey jack cheese

Tomato & broccoli with feta cheese

Spinach, peppers, and feta

Asparagus, red onion, muenster cheese

Peppers, onions, black olives and Colby

Chicken, onions, and pepper jack cheese

The possibilities are endless, and these pita's make a delicious base for a personal pizza.

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to love your blog. I have had to change my eating I have high cholesterol and I need to loose about 40 pounds. You have some great ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete