Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Yummy & Healthy! Mini Spinach Quiches!


I love keeping an arsenal of delicious, yet fanny-friendly recipes that are tried & true. and so good that my family doesn't have to look at me sympathetically while noshing on pizza...they enjoy it right along with me never even knowing it's healthy!

These mini spinach cheese quiches fit the bill perfectly. Only 58.5 calories per quiche and 1.7 carbs, you can't go wrong. 3 of them are a perfect lunch, or serve them as a side for dinner.

Go make these!

Ingredients

* Spinach, frozen, 2 ten ounce packages
* Cheddar Cheese, 1 cup, shredded
* Egg substitute, like Egg Beaters, 3/4 cup
* Bell Peppers, 1/2 cup, chopped
* Onions, 1/4 cup, chopped
* Freshly ground black pepper to taste (I like lots!)
* Kosher salt to taste



Directions
1. Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.

2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray. I've done this without the liners, too -- just spray the muffin tin well with spray -- I use olive oil non-stick spray.

3. Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, spinach, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.


Number of Servings: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment